Contact: Andrea Haverinen, School Board Chair, 218-564-5480 or email@example.com
Menahga School Board Selects Superintendent
Menahga, MN – At a special board meeting on March 15, 2022, the Menahga School Board unanimously voted to select Jason Kjos as the district’s next superintendent.
“We believe Jason has the qualifications and skills needed to lead Menahga Public Schools. We feel he will come into the position with an open mind, ready to listen, and committed to moving the school district forward,” said Andrea Haverinen, Board Chair. “We look forward to working with him.”
The School Board will be conducting contract negotiations with Mr. Kjos and a contract is expected to be approved by the School Board at an upcoming regular school board meeting.
The pending start date for the new superintendent will be July 1, 2022.
The Menahga Public School will continue to offer in-person learning to all students, as it did for the entire 2020-2021 school year. We will continue our efforts to maintain the health and safety of students, educators, and other staff for the 2021-2022 school year by continuing to follow MDE, MDH and CDC requirements. As they evaluate the pandemic data and adjust requirements, Menahga’s plan will be adjusted to align.
The district shall continue efforts to keep a high standard of safety and cleanliness to ensure we are able to stay in person for the foreseeable future.
These standards currently include:
1. Face Coverings - The current requirements make the wearing of masks optional, and that option will be allowed and supported for students and staff choosing to do so.
2. Social Distancing is no longer required.
3. Health Screening - All students and staff are asked to conduct a daily self-screening and stay home if necessary. This is considered a good general health practice.
4. Currently, guidance has not been released on whether schools need to implement exclusion practices following a Covid exposure. (Last year, students that were exposed to Covid had to quarantine to watch for symptoms.)
5. Reporting - The School Nurse or designee will continue any required reporting processes.
What the Menahga School District will NOT do under current expectations:
Currently, the Menahga School is NOT planning to require face coverings for the 2021-22 School Year
The Menahga School will NOT require students to have a Covid-19 vaccination to attend school.
We do NOT plan on implementing any restrictions that are not mandated by the federal or state government.
All of these expectations are subject to change as MDH and the CDC change expectations.
We are asking any community members who would like to see changes to this plan to contact the superintendent or school board member and share ideas and concerns.