Positions listed for licensed and non-licensed personnel applicants with a hot link "apply" will use APPLITRACK . While on the APPLITRACK site you will be able to save your information and return to your application until you submit. New users will need to create an account.
Other positions, please use the application under links on this page.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Date Posted: 7/9/2018
Location: Menahga High School
Date of Availability: 08/01/2018
Varsity Volleyball Coach
SEND APPLICATION AND COVER LETTER TO:
Don Donarski, Activities Director, Menahga Public School, PO Box 160, Menahga MN 56464 firstname.lastname@example.org
218-564-4141 ext 717
Open until filled. EOE, 7/9/18
CURRENT OPEN FACULTY POSITIONS
Date of Availability: 09/04/2018
Date Closing: 08/31/2018
Menahga School opening
Middle School and/or High School
Physics and/or Chemistry
Minimum starting salary $39,250
Small Class Sizes
New building opens 2019
One to One Technology K-12
Head Volleyball and other coaching opportunities available.
Open until filled. EOE 8/8/18
Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/menahga/onlineapp/_application.aspx?
Available through our website at www.menahga.k12.mn.us
Mark Frank, HS Principal
218-564-4141 ext 321
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics; develops students skills and abilities in scientific methods and problem-solving, as well as an understanding of the application of science in the solution of practical problems.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics, in accordance with district curriculum.
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of science to everyday existence, including scientific research projects, demonstrations, experiments, and laboratory activities.
- Instructs students in the proper use and care of scientific equipment, chemicals, and plant and animal life.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and Connecticut State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment, maintains inventory records and ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of a wide range of science subject areas, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, physics, and other related areas (e.g., mathematics).
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- State Certification as a Science Teacher or as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred but not required.
Menahga ISD 821 uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online
Menahga School is looking for SUBSTITUTES for the 2018-2019 school year for bus driving, paraprofessional, clerical, custodial, kitchen and teachers.
If you are interested please contact one of the school offices.